- The production of ceramics in the ancient Mediterranean world: the example of Iberia
Ceramic items provide the opportunity, among other things, to study the cultural and socio-economic functioning of ancient societies, but we have considered aspects linked to the manufacturing of pottery more rarely, and those linked to the general framework of production, more rarely still.
- Resumption of excavations in the Moustier deposit within the framework of the NéMo Project
Within the framework of the NéMo Project, excavations have been resumed on the Moustier site in the Dordogne, a world-famous site listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. These excavations are being carried out by teams from the PACEA and IRAMAT-CRP2A laboratories, and the main aims are to understand the archaeological sequence better, and to carry out new dating on the levels where – notably – Neanderthal tombs were discovered.
- From the Adriatic to the Danube: Istrian amphorae between archaeometry and economic history (1st – 3rd centuries AD)
BEN AMARA Ayed (IRAMAT-CRP2A) Partners: UMR AUSONIUS Centre Camille Jullian Ecole française de Rome Università degli Studi di Padova, Dipartimento di Geoscienze Université de Budapest Loránd Eötvös, Közettan-Geokémiai Tanszék Finance: €19,950 Duration: 16 months (September 2014-December 2015)
- CAP - CARAÏBES ANTILLES PROJECT –PALEOGENOMICS: THE ORIGIN AND EVOLUTION OF CARIBBEAN GROUPS IN THE LESSER ANTILLES USING A PALAEOGENOMIC APPROACH
Marie-France Deguilloux (PACEA) Partners: INRAP; Région Guadeloupe; Plateforme Génome Transcriptome de Bordeaux 2; Centre for GeoGenetics, University of Copenhagen. Finance: €47,527 Duration: 1.3 years (1st September 2013-31 December 2014) 10-month Research Contract Recruitment (Fanny Mendisco, Research Engineer, from 23/09/2013 to 22/07/2014)
- EXPLOITATION OF THEIR SURROUNDINGS BY THE FIRST GROUPS OF HOMINIDS
Anne Delagnes and Arnaud Lenoble (PACEA) Partners: iPHEP Poitiers; OGRE (Omo Group Research Expedition, resp. J.-R. Boisserie); UMR 7055, Préhistoire et Technologie Nanterre ; MPK (Mission Préhistorique au Kenya, resp. S. Harmand) Finance: €8,945 and a doctoral contract €98,000 Duration: 3 years (1st September 2013-31 December 2016) Doctoral contract recruitment: Tiphaine Maurin. Subject: “Human establishments, bio-environmental factors and the emergence of ancient material cultures: the interrelation and evolution starting from archaeological groupings in the Shungura Formation (Lower Omo Valley, Ethiopia)”. Under the direction of Anne Delagnes.
- NATIONAL DATABASE ON PLEISTOCENe PERMAFROST
Pascal Bertran (PACEA, CNRS, University of Bordeaux 1) Partners: CRPAA - LGP Meudon Financing: €9,370 Duration: 3 months (1st October 2012 – 31st December 2012) Temporary recruitment: Eric Andrieux